Photo with 30 notes
"This historic building was originally built in Old Mammoth as a saloon. In 1914 the building was dismantled and moved to the Longears Ranch on the Owens River and reassembled as a line shack. The building was discovered empty and in disrepair in 1979, by a Mammoth Elementary School 3rd grade class. Subsequently efforts were made to save the building. With the help of the Inyo National Forest the building has come to rest on this location to be enjoyed for generations to come, as an example of turn of the century local architecture."